The Thakurbari temple is located in the heart of Gangtok town in Sikkim. It is regarded as one of the oldest temple in Sikkim.The temple was built in 1935.The temple houses almost all major deities and has emerged as an important center of convergence for the Hindu community of Gangtok.It was constructed on a auspicious piece of land donated by Sir Thutop Namgyal, the former Maharaja of Sikkim. The temple houses many idols and images of all the major Gods and Goddesses of Hinduism. The temple organizes many festivals and social events on a huge scale.The Thakurbari Temple was constructed on a land donated by the Chogyal of Sikkim in the year 1935. During the year 1945-47, the shrine was renowned to a major temple complex. Also, construction works began last year, for inclusion of a multipurpose hall and a library to the complex.