SHRI SHANTADURGA TEMPLE

Overview

The temples of Shree Shantadurga and Shree Mangesh, two of the most revered patron deities of the Hindu Goud Saraswat Brahmin community are located in Kavlem and Mangeshi respectively in the Ponda district of North Goa.This incarnation of Shree Jagdamba devi which had come to make peace [Shanti] between Shree Vishnu and Shree Shiva, came to be known as Shree Shantadurga devi.The original place of Shree Shantadurga devi was at Keloshi. From there devi was shifted to Kavlem during the rule of portuguese government.This current temple structure of Shree Shantadurga devi was built during the period from 1713 a.d to 1738 a.d. Many renovations have been done over the years to the main temple and to the temples of other deities besides the agarshala  which is built on three sides of the temple.

Timings

+91 832 2312557 & +91 832 2319900, +91 82750 11216