The Negheriting Temple (Doul) is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The actual temple is dated 8th-9th A.D (Pre Ahom) built by the Kacharis. The present form of the temple was constructed under the reign of Ahom king Swargadeo Rajeswar Singha(1751-1769) in the later part of the 18th Century, after the original structure was damaged by natural calamities. The temple is also known as “The Panchayatana Temple” as the main Temple (Shiva) is surrounded by four corner shrines/Doul dedicated to Lord Vishnu, Lord Surya, Lord Ganesh and Goddess Durga. A famous architect, Ghanasyam Khonikar, was given the responsibility of building the temple.
6.00 AM to 8.00 PM.